Before installing the product package, make sure you have the Faye licensing module installed. You can find the steps to take here.
For any questions concerning your license key please contact email@example.com.
The Utilization Monitor enables managers and administrators to track and visualize the usage of Sugar CRM. Data can be filtered by different variables like user roles, activity type, and time period. By applying weighting to selectable activities, it creates an overall usage score that can be viewed in subcategories and compared between different users.
Table of Contents
3. User Guide
1. Installation Guide
Before installing Utilization Monitor to your SugarCRM instance please make sure you have the following items at hand:
· FBSG | Licensing installation package
· FBSG | Utilization Monitor installation package
· Utilization Monitor License Key
Please follow the steps in this guide to install both packages.
2. Configuration Guide
Follow the below steps to set up the Utilization Monitor License Key:
1. Go to Admin and scroll down to the Faye Licensing section and select the Utilization Monitor option.
2. Add your Utilization Monitor License Code that was provided by Faye and then click the Save button.
Tracked Roles & Modules
The Tracked Roles and Modules Configuration allows you to enable Roles and Modules for Global Weighting.
1. Go to the Administration module.
2. Under the Utilization Monitor Settings header section, select Tracked Roles & Modules.
3. Select Roles and Modules from the Multi-select dropdown.
4. Click on Save for both Roles and Modules.
Saved Roles and Modules will appear in the Global Weighting Settings.
Global Weighting Settings
The Global Weightings configuration is where you determine the score weight that each activity has.
These activities are: View, Create, and Update. You can edit the settings across the board in Global Configuration, or you can edit them for each user role in Roles Configuration.
1. Go to the Administration module.
2. Under the Utilization Monitor Settings header, select Global Weighting Settings.
3. Change the values for whichever activity you want, within each module.
The default values are all set to 1. Zero (null) can also be chosen, if a specific activity within a category is not being weighed.
4. For Roles Configuration you can click on the drop-down menu to browse all the different user roles you have selected and saved in the Tracked Roles & Modules configuration.
You can also check the checkbox to have the Global Configuration override all of the values in the Roles Configuration.
5. Click the Save button (point 3 in the above screenshot).
The changes might take some time to come into effect. The new values will only apply to activities completed from thereon.
3. User Guide
You can also access the Global Weighting Settings if you’re already on the User Adoption module, by clicking on the drop-down arrow next to the module name and selecting Configure Weight Settings.
This is the table that shows you the different scores for your users, their trending scores, and the period being evaluated. You can also look in detail at where the scores come from, and what specific activities were made.
Browsing User Adoption
1. In your SugarCRM instance, click on the More button in your navigation bar, and scroll down until you find the User Adoption module.
2. In the User Adoption module you will see a list of users' records.
The details of the columns are as follows:
Name: the name of the user.
Score: The score the user has accumulated (this value may change based on your filters).
Trending score: the recent trend in the user’s score, expressed in percent. The trending score is calculated by comparing yesterday’s score to the average daily score of the previous 30 days. So if the trending score is shown as -10%, that means the user has used the system 10% less yesterday, than in the 30 days before that. Note that this calculation doesn’t exclude days off.
Period: The period of time (in days) being evaluated.
Assigned to: The team/supervisor this user is assigned to.
User Role: The role of the user.
3. You can edit the columns to add or remove any categories that you see fit by clicking on the cogwheel icon on the top right of the table.
4. You can filter the results in different ways, the defaults are:
My User Adoption
You can also create your own filter based on SugarCRM’s filter creation tools.
5. If you click on the Preview button (the eye icon) you’ll open a sidebar that lets you view more details about each user.
This will show you more specific details on the user’s score like their Role, what activities they have done, and the number of times they’ve done them.
You can also see user details in the record view by clicking on the user name from the User Adoption list view or the Preview panel in the sidebar.
1. To view even more specific details on the user's activities, click on the Preview button (eye icon) next to each activity in the Module Statistics sub-panel.
You can also click on the right arrow in case not all appear in the window, to show more activities.
2. Here you will see even further details on the activities the user has done.
The details are as follows:
Count: Number of times activity was performed.
Util Period: Period in days.
Util Score: Count x Weight = Util Score.
Weight: Weighting points.
Module Name: Module name where activity is performed.
Activity Name: Activity name (view, create, update).
Line Items: The specific records involved in the activity.
Utilization Dashboard will be deployed automatically on the installation of the Utilization Monitor package.
Browsing Utilization Dashboard
1. In your SugarCRM instance, click on the top-left drop-down in your navigation bar, and select Utilization Dashboard.
2. In Utilization Dashboard you will be able to see four dashlets.
- User Adoption Report for Admin - Last 60 Days: Sugarcrm default “Saved Reports Chart Dashlet” that will show Last 60 Days of User Adoption module report from the Reports module.User
- Adoption Report for Admin - Last 90 Days: Sugarcrm default “Saved Reports Chart Dashlet” that will show Last 90 Days of User Adoption module report from “Reports” module
- Struggling Users: Sugarcrm default “List View Dashlet” that will show User Adoption records filtered by Last 60 Days
- Top User By Adoption: Sugarcrm default “List View Dashlet” that will show User Adoption records filtered by Last 90 Days
Please sign in to leave a comment.