In this document, you'll find step-by-step instructions on how to install Flare for Zendesk Sell.
Make sure you meet the following requirements before you install the Flare App:
- Admin Permissions
You must be an administrator in the Zendesk Sell instance.
- Have your Flare .zip file ready
The file in the format 'app-buildnumber.zip' file will be provided by Faye upon purchase.
- Know your Flare Bridge URL
The URL to your Flare Bridge instance will be provided by Faye upon purchase.
1. Create your Zendesk Sell Token
You need to create an Access Token for the Flare Server by going into 1) Zendesk Sell Settings. Then scroll down until you find Integrations and then click on 2) OAuth. There you'll find a button called 3) Add Access token that you need to click on to create a new Token, as shown in the image below.
For 4) Description, set a meaningful name of what your token is used for (this is so other Zendesk admins know what the token is used for and they don't accidentally delete it). Make sure you check all the boxes in 5) Scopes and click on 6) Save.
Now, make sure to copy and save the 7) Access Token in a secure place. You will not be able to see the full token string again, so it is important to keep it somewhere safe and obtainable for future use, and you will need it for the installation steps below.
2. Create your Flare Bridge Token
Go to your Flare Bridge instance. Your Bridge token will be generated under 1) Access. Then click on 2) Create New Token.
After clicking on Create New Token, a new screen will appear. Set something meaningful as the 1) Name (this is for other Flare Bridge users to know what the token is used for). Next, you will see various checkboxes below the Name field. Make sure to check:
Leave the remaining boxes blank. Afterward, click the 2) Create button.
Next, you will see the generated Flare Bridge Token in a new window. Again, note that this token cannot be fetched again, if you lose it, you will need to create a new one, so please write down the token that is generated from the Flare Bridge to a safe location, as you will need it in further installation steps. Afterward, you can click 1) Close.
Important note: The two tokens you just generated and safely stored are for two different uses, please make sure you know which is which.
3. Install the Flare App
Having generated your Flare Bridge and Zendesk Sell tokens, you can now start the installation!
On your Zendesk Sell instance under 1) Settings, find Integrations and click on 2) Apps. Proceed and click on 3) Upload private app.
On the Upload App page, you'll need to 1) Set App Name to 'Flare' and then click on 2) Choose File to upload the Flare installation .zip file you received from Faye. After you have chosen the file click the 3) Upload button at the bottom to continue. As you can see in the image below.
In the following pop-up modal just confirm your upload and wait for the file to finish loading.
4. Basic Configuration of the Flare App
Now that Flare is installed, fill in these remaining details to complete the process:
1) Title - Enter "Flare"
2) Bridge server host - Enter your Flare Bridge URL (previously provided by Faye)
3) Bridge server access token - Enter your Flare Bridge Token (previously generated)
4) Zendesk access token - Enter your Zendesk Sell Token (previously generated)
5) Enable role restrictions - If you want Flare to be only available to certain user roles on your Zendesk instance, check this box and define those roles.
6) Enable group restrictions - If you want Flare to be only available to certain user groups on your Zendesk instance, check this box and define those groups.
7) Install - After filling all 6 fields mentioned above, click here to finalize the installation and you're all set!
5. Reconfiguring the basic settings
If you want to update or change any of the basic settings you just configured, just follow these steps:
Click on 1) Settings, then scroll and find Integrations. Under Integrations click on 2) Apps. Then within the My Apps page hover over the Flare App icon and click on the 3) Settings gearwheel icon. On the menu that pops out click on the 4) Change settings.
Here, you'll be presented with the same screen as in 4. Basic Configuration. Just enter the changed details, click Update and you're set!