Flare was built for Zendesk Sunshine and connects it to your external systems. Sunshine objects allow you to create your own data structure in Zendesk and align it with the individual requirements of your other data sources. If you want to learn more about Sunshine objects, we highly recommend having a look at Zendesk's comprehensive Sunshine custom objects guide for admins.
This guide is a brief introduction to the creation of Sunshine object for use with Flare. It is written for administrators that have properly formatted their data and are now looking to map it to Sunshine.
- Correctly Formatted Data
Learn more under How to format your .csv files
- Sunshine Subscription
You must have an active Zendesk Sunshine subscription
- Admin Permissions
You must be an administrator on your Zendesk instance
1. Access the Sunshine admin section
Go to your Zendesk Admin Center. You can do so by first clicking on the 1) Zendesk Products icon and then the 2) Admin Center button.
Once you've done this, a new tab/window will appear, and you will have arrived in the Admin Center. From here, you can either click the 1) Sunshine icon or on the 2) Sunshine Settings link.
2. Add a Sunshine object
Once you're at the next screen, click on 1) Objects. Here is where you can add new Sunshine objects as well as review any objects that were added already. To create a new Object, click on the 2) Add object button.
Here, fill out the following fields to properly create your Sunshine object:
1) Object name - Often users set a name that is similar to the .csv file they want to map the object to.
2) Add property - An object always needs properties. These properties determine how you link the data you have uploaded to the Bridge with Zendesk Sunshine. Each property is equal to a column of data from the .csv file you've uploaded. To add these properties, go ahead and click on the button.
3) Name - Enter a suiting name for the property, e.g. price or first name. Only use lower case letters here.
4) Type - This field defines what type of input you expect for this property, e.g. for price it would probably be Number while for first name it would be String.
5) Description - Here you can record helpful additional information for this property.
6) Required - Properties checked as required must be mapped to a column for the mapping process to be successful. At least one property must be set to required, usually these are the id and external_id field.
7) Add - Click here to add the property to the object or click on the little arrow to instantly create another property.
8) Save - Once you're done, click here to save your Sunshine object and its properties.
3. You're all set!
Congratulations, you've created a Sunshine object! Now go ahead and map it to your data using the Flare Bridge! For more info visit How to create mappings.