Mappings allow you to connect Zendesk Sunshine Objects with your data uploaded to the Flare Bridge. The database table gets populated by uploading files to the Bridge (more about this in the articles How to upload files using the Flare Bridge / API calls / SFTP).
In this document, you'll find step-by-step instructions on how to create mappings on the Flare Bridge to align your imported data with Zendesk Sunshine.
Make sure you meet the following requirements before you install the Flare App:
- Know your Flare Bridge URL
The URL to your Flare Bridge instance will be provided by Faye upon purchase.
- Admin Permissions
You must be an administrator on your instance of the Flare Bridge.
- Have your Flare Bridge connected to your Zendesk instance
More information can be found under How to install Flare for Zendesk Support / Sell.
1. Access the Mappings location
Log in to your Flare Bridge instance and click on Mappings.
- Here you can create a mapping between Zendesk Object and your data on the Bridge. (More about this later in the guide).
- This is a table of all the mappings you created with additional details.
- This button allows you to edit previously made mappings. (More under 2. Create/Edit mapping).
- If any errors occurred while creating a mapping they will be displayed in this table.
2. Create/Edit Mappings
After clicking on the Create or Edit button, you are presented with a new modal window, as shown below. Here you create/edit mappings between Zendesk Objects and your data uploaded via the Bridge.
- Select which Zendesk Object you would like to create a mapping for. Depending on the Zendesk Object, you will see different fields in item 6 below.
- Select a file previously uploaded to the Bridge.
- Name your mapping.
- Enter the file name for the file that was uploaded under 2.
- Select whether the mapping is active or inactive. Only an active mapping will be applied.
- As mentioned in item 1, depending on your selected Zendesk Object you will see a different amount of fields here. Match the Zendesk Object fields (left) with the uploaded file's fields (right).
- Here you can map relationships as well.
- Click the Done button to save your mapping.