Levels are measured against a user's accumulated points. Levels are gained in a linear fashion. As a user accumulates more points they will gradually increase in level. The system configures 33 levels by default but if you want to create additional Levels you can.
By default, the system will display the player's Level as a number (e.g. 1, 15, 21, etc). If you'd like to use a text or name-based Level system, the default Levels can be modified. For example, if a company prefers to have levels ranking from "Novice" to "Master", or "Rookie" to "Veteran", or really any other scheme, this can be accomplished by simply editing a Level and updating the "Name" field.
Creating a Level
1. In the navigation click on Game and then select Levels.
2. Once the Levels management screen loads click the Add level button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
3. The only information to fill out is the Name, the Instance ID, and the number of Points needed to reach that level, then click on Create.
- Name: This field is for the Name of the Level. Generally, these are just Level 1, Level 2, etc. As previously noted, if your organization prefers to it can create its own names for levels (e.g. Rookie 1, Apprentice 5, Veteran 3, etc ).
- Instance ID: This field will fill in for you automatically and should be the URL of your SugarCRM instance.
- Points: This field is used to set the number of Points needed to reach the level. Once a user has enough points they will reach the level.
4. You can also edit or delete levels by clicking the icons to the right of each level. This is useful if you want to create your own custom names for levels and remove extra levels you no longer need.