Rewards are just what they sound like, "Rewards". These are things that the user can exchange Coins for. The system comes prebuilt with 8 example Rewards and is meant to get your creative juices flowing. We encourage every organization to work collaboratively with employees to find out what Rewards would be meaningful and motivating to them. This step is crucial for creating a system that is motivating.
Remember: You can work hard to create an engaging system but if it isn't motivating then the effectiveness of the program will suffer. This is an opportunity to make employees feel that their input is valued and see that input materialize into sweet sweet Rewards.
Below are instructions on how to create Rewards in Splash:
1. In the navigation select Game and then select Rewards.
2. Once the Rewards management screen has loaded click the Create Reward button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
3. You will need to enter the Name, Instance ID, Description, Cost, Quantity, and Expiration Date
- Name: This field is for the Name you want to give your Reward.
- Instance ID: This field will fill in for you automatically and should be the URL of your SugarCRM instance.
- Description: This is a more detailed description of what the Reward is and how to get it.
- Cost: This field designates how many Coins users will need to spend to get the Reward.
- Quantity: This field is used to limit the number of times this Reward can be awarded across the entire user base. For example, if the reward is a free lunch and you want to limit it to just 5 people you can set the Quantity to be 5.
- Expiration Date: This field is used to designate a date that the Reward expires. For example, if you created a Reward that gave users tickets to a concert then setting an expiration date would ensure users wouldn't attempt to claim the Reward past the date of the concert.
After you have introduced the above-mentioned information, click on Create.