The FBSG Sugar - JIRA Integration Application gives users the ability to monitor and track Jira issues from within the Sugar Ecosystem. CRM users can use dashboards and other standard Sugar tools to stay abreast of critical project developments from within Sugar, being able to look at issues by account, by type, and by priority. A Critical Issues Dashboard has been created for the Sugar home screen to allow users to be alerted when any issue becomes in danger of going over budget or past due.
- CRM users now have complete visibility of project status by account without having to access JIRA.
- CRM users can enter issues through Sugar and have them update JIRA.
- Eliminate double entry of issues in both systems.
- CRM users have dashboard visibility of critical status issues.
Table of Contents
Before installing Jira to your SugarCRM instance please make sure you have the following items at hand:
- FBSG_Sugar_-_JIRA_Integration-<version number>.zip
Please follow the steps in this guide to install the package.
- Basic Settings
To retrieve your API token for Jira cloud users go to the following URL: API tokens - Atlassian account
Once there create an API token by clicking on the Create API Token button, when completed copy the token in the Password/API Token box.
- The Don’t create issues in Sugar from JIRA checkbox when checked, will not sync any issues to Sugar that DO NOT already exist in Sugar. Issues that DO exist in Sugar will continue to be updated. This can be a useful feature if you have any issues in your JIRA instance that are not relevant to Sugar.
- The Create new JIRA tickets automatically from the JIRA Issues module in Sugar checkbox, if unchecked you will need to click on the Send to JIRA button.
- The Send updates to JIRA automatically when the ticket is updated in Sugar, if unchecked the integration will ask if you want to send an update.
- The Project Settings / Exclude Project from Sync checkbox setting will allow you to choose which projects you would like to exclude, or include, and their related issues. When the checkbox is checked additional settings will appear:
- The Run Issue Sync Now button will run a JIRA issue sync and sync all JIRA issues based on your settings. This process may take a very long time depending on the number of issues you have in JIRA that are not synced with Sugar.
Note: This process is handled automatically by the Scheduler. You only need to manually Run a JIRA issue sync if you need the issues right away or after installing the integration.
Refer to pages 28 - 32 for more information on the Scheduler.
- The Last Sync Date will show the most recent Updated date retrieved from JIRA during the issue sync. If you would like to force a sync of older issues you may set this to a date in the past.The Sugar – JIRA Integration logs all interactions with JIRA and detailed information in the case of an error. If there are any problems with the sync one of the first things you will want to do is to change the Log Level to Info or Error.
- The Log Level dropdown menu has five settings (Fatal, Error, Warning, Info, and Debug) for which kind of log event to record. By default, the Log Level is set to Fatal.